An email’s subject line is like a home’s welcome mat: It’s the first thing a person sees and it has the potential to welcome someone in or scare them away.
Potential customers only open 16% of ecommerce marketing emails, according to a recent MailChimp report. That means 84% of customers have no idea what you’re even trying to say to them. So, increasing your open rate means growing your conversion rate. Imagine what it would be like to have a 50% open rate instead of 16%! Well… you could! 1 in 2 cart recovery emails sent with CartStack are opened by potential customers. This incredible success rate is due in part to our enticing email subject lines.
Check out our 15 example subject lines that are sure to welcome and win back your potential customers.
Email 1: Support Tone
After your customer abandons a cart, use a supportive, helpful tone in the subject line of the first cart recovery email you send. Be sure to know your audience and stay true to the tone of your brand, whether it’s chic or silly.
- Oops, did something go wrong?
- Is there something we can do to help?
- Did you forget something?
- Smile! Your items are still for sale.
- Your cart items are lonely.
- Come see what your shopping cart has been up to.
- We’re still holding your vacation dates.
Email 2 and 3: Urgent Tone
For the second and third emails you send after a cart is abandoned, subject lines that communicate value or create a sense of urgency are likely to be opened. Let your customers know they’ll miss out if they don’t return to your site to check out now.
- Hurry back while your items are still in stock.
- Don’t leave a good thing behind.
- Book your stay while you still can.
- Sign up now and get 10% off your membership.
- Act fast if you still want your items.
- Your shopping cart is about to expire.
- There’s still time.
- The best tools in the industry are waiting for you.
Give these a try, and your cart recovery campaigns will be well on their way to bringing in way more revenue!
Want CartStack to design your high converting email campaigns for you? Sign up for a free 30 day trial!