7+ Best Customer Retention Software for 2022 (A Review)
May 9, 2022
Customer retention software is key for any business, but especially businesses in the eCommerce space. It can be difficult to keep customers coming back to your website when they have so many other options available to them.
However, customer retention is important for businesses for a number of reasons:
- Increased revenue: It costs more to acquire new customers than it does to keep existing ones, and 82% of businesses agree that acquisition is more expensive than retention. Retaining customers helps you increase your revenue without having to spend as much on customer acquisition.
- Loyal customers spend more: Existing customers tend to spend 60% more per transaction and are five times more likely to buy exclusively from your brand.
- More referrals and exposure: Loyal customers are more likely to recommend your business to their network, especially through social media. This results in decreased marketing costs and increased sales.
The easiest way to build a successful customer retention strategy is with customer retention software. Customer retention software takes the guesswork out of customer retention by using a collection of data and tools to better understand your customers.
There are multiple great choices available on the market, so we’ve reviewed the top 8 customer retention tools in this handy-dandy guide.
By the end of this article, you’ll know:
- The top software available for improving customer retention
- How much each tool costs
- The standout features of each software
The Best Customer Retention Software – In A Nutshell
The top three tools that will help your business get organized and improve customer retention are:
- CartStack: CartStack is an all-in-one customer recovery tool that features automated email flows and easy drag and drop builder. This software is built to be a complete solution to recover customers — and keep them.
- UserPilot: UserPilot helps increase customer engagement and customer retention with on-site messaging, customer walkthroughs, and in-app guidance.
- Zendesk: Zendesk is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform built to power up your customer support and increase customer retention by building long-lasting relationships with customers.
Holistic Customer Retention Platform for eCommerce, Hotels and Agencies (starts at $29/month)
If you’re looking for a quality cart recovery solution, CartStack is definitely worth considering. Our personalized cart recovery emails can help reduce cart abandonment and improve customer retention rates.
CartStack is the ultimate guest checkout solution for any e-commerce website. With its wide range of features, CartStack will make sure that your customers stick around for the long run.
CartStack’s app will help you quickly build and send cart abandonment reminders to your customers via email, SMS or push notifications. You can then use customer data for personalizing promotions while offering discounts on shipping costs as well as providing social proof with regards to other similar products that they might be interested in buying from us too!
In addition, CartStack also offers SMS, email, and push notification campaigns to reach your customers wherever they are.
Some of the key features that make CartStack stand out include:
- The ability to send highly personalized cart recovery emails
- A wide range of campaign options (SMS, email, push notifications, etc.)
- Detailed reporting and analytics to help you track your progress
Pros & Cons of CartStack
|High ROI and fast results||No free plan, only free trial|
|Easy to use and quick set-up|
|Pre-built email templates and campaigns|
|Powerful analytics monitoring|
CartStack Pricing Plan
- Basic ($29 per month) — Get started with cart abandonment emails. This plan does not include advanced conversion tools.
- Pro ($49 per month) — This is the recommended plan for most businesses. Get full access to all of CartStack’s best features, including browse abandonment and conversion tools.
- Agency ($149 per month) — Best for marketing agencies. Provides the ability to create multiple user accounts, whitelabel weekly email reports, and aggregate reporting.
Event and Attribute-Based Customer Data Collection Software for Medium- Large Scale Brands (starts at $249/month)
Userpilot is known for its ability to provide quality customer data collection and analysis. With Userpilot, product teams can personalize the user experience for every stage of their customers’ journey and monitor important growth metrics.The app is good at conducting quantitative surveys that can be used to gather valuable customer feedback to improve customer retention.
UserPilot is also proficient in customer segmentation, which allows businesses to target specific groups of customers with personalized messages. The app’s customer support team is also known to be responsive and helpful, providing assistance when needed.
Pros & Cons of Userpilot
|“What you see is what you get” (WYSIWYG) Editor||Very expensive|
|Good user onboarding||Steep learning curve|
|Robust customer data collection tools|
|Wide range of features and capabilities|
Userpilot Pricing Plan
- Traction ($249 per month) — For teams of up to 10 members. Get growth insights, engagement layer, reporting, targeting & customization.
- Growth ($499 per month) — Includes everything in the Traction package and expands to 20 team members, unlimited feature tags, and comes with a dedicated customer success manager.
- Enterprise ($1000 per month) — Includes everything in the Growth package plus unlimited team members, localization and custom roles and permissions.
CRM Software For Building Customer Relationships for eCommerce and SaaS (starts at $49/month)
CRM platforms like Zendesk help businesses keep track of their customers and improve customer retention through features like customized campaigns, analytics, customer profiles, and more. By using a CRM platform like Zendesk, businesses can make sure they’re doing everything they can to keep their customers happy and keep them coming back for more.
So if you’re looking to improve your customer retention, a CRM platform like Zendesk is a great place to start. Thanks to its many features, you can be sure you’re doing everything you can to keep your customers happy and keep them coming back for more.
Pros & Cons of Zendesk
|Automation for multiple tasks||Lacks two-way sync integrations|
|Multiple customer communication channels||Poor customer support and onboarding|
|Easy to use templates and message builder|
Zendesk Pricing Plan
- Suite Team ($49 per month) — Comes with prebuilt reporting and analytics, automations and workflows. Also includes up to 50 AI-powered automated answers.
- Suite Growth ($79 per month) — Includes everything from Suite Team, plus further customizations to workflows, intermediate data and storage and up to 100 AI-powered automated answers.
- Suite Professional ($99 per month) — Everything in Suite Growth plus unlimited team members, localization and custom roles and permissions. Also includes up to 500 AI-powered automated answers.
4. Open Loyalty
Dedicated Customer Loyalty Program Platform For Retail and SaaS (Contact for Quote)
Loyalty programs are a great way to improve customer retention. Offering exclusive deals and rewards to loyal customers is a surefire way to keep them coming back for more. And with Open Loyalty, it’s easy to manage your loyalty program and deliver the best possible experience to your customers.
Open Loyalty provides businesses with all the tools they need to create and manage a loyalty program that will engage customers and encourage them to keep coming back. With features like customer segmentation, customer profiling, and customer engagement, you can perfectly tailor your loyalty program to fit your customers’ needs.
By using Open Loyalty, businesses can take their customer retention efforts to the next level. With its powerful features and easy-to-use interface, businesses can create a loyalty program that will keep their customers coming back for more.
Pros & Cons of Open Loyalty
|Powerful API and easy integrations||Only web-based, no mobile app|
|Easy customization of the database, rules and levels|
|Simple installation and set-up|
|Manage customer loyalty programs fromone place|
Open Loyalty Pricing Plan
Open Loyalty requires customers to contact them to receive a personalized quote!
All-In-One SMS Marketing Solution For SaaS and Subscription-based Businesses (Get started for free!)
According to a recent study by FlexPay, as much as 42% of customer churn for subscription-based companies is due to failed payments. That’s why it’s so important to have a payment system that is reliable and easy to use.
ProfitWell focuses on increasing customer retention for subscription-based eCommerce businesses. With ProfitWell you will have access to multiple automation tools designed to optimize your subscription revenue, minimize cancellations and provide easy management of all subscription offerings. ProfitWell helps you achieve this by providing a platform that makes it easy for customers to make payments and manage their subscriptions.
Pros & Cons of ProfitWell
|Tons of features and capabilities||Slow customer support|
|In-depth insights and reporting|
|Smooth functionality and interface|
ProfitWell Pricing Plan
ProfitWell believes that the best comes from being free, and so their software is just that — free. Users of ProfitWell start by using the free software, and can pay for upgrades to extra tools and features that ProfitWell provides.
The ProfitWell team also offers 24/7 live chat on their website if you’d like to learn more about their offerings.
Loyalty Awards & Referrals Platform eCommerce Businesses (starts at $19/month)
Yotpo helps businesses turn every purchase into a review, by making it as simple as possible to collect customer data and feedback. This is a powerful customer loyalty and referral software that businesses can use to increase customer retention.
Yotpo offers a few unique features that make it stand out from the competition. For example, businesses can create a referral program with Yotpo that allows customers to earn rewards for referring new customers to the business.
Referral programs are a great way to increase customer retention because they encourage customers to keep coming back. Plus, they provide an incentive for customers to tell their friends about the business.
On top of that, Yotpo also allows you to build custom questionnaires to collect in-depth information and feedback. Plus, they provide the option for customers to record video feedback, which will really give you the leg up on the competition! Social proof and video marketing? Sounds like a match made in customer retention heaven.
Pros & Cons of Yotpo
|Easily collect reviews and feedback||Confusing set-up process|
|Intuitive dashboard & multiple integrations||Lacks in-depth analytics reporting|
|Option to collect UGC||Poor customization options|
Yotpo Pricing Plan
- Free — The free package includes SMS campaigns and marketing automations, subscriber collection tools, audience segmentation, ROI and performance analytics, and more.
- Growth ($19 per month) — Come with SMS flow builder, 1:1 SMS conversations, and keyword subscriber collection. You’ll be able to collect customer feedback and create personalized SMS campaigns that will increase loyalty and boost sales.
- Prime ($59 per month) — With Yotpo Prime, you get everything in the Growth package plus a full suite of subscriber collection tools, click-to-buy, timezone-based messages, export analytics & reports, branded URLs, and priority email & chat support.
- Premium (Request a Quote) — Yotpo’s Premium Package comes with all the benefits of Prime, plus extra features like A/B testing, predictive segmentation, and customizable analytics.
- Enterprise (Request a Quote) — This package has everything that the Premium package offers, plus even more features like custom reporting, API access, and advanced compliance solutions. Also comes with dedicated short code and multi-domain support.
Marketing Analytics Software And Behavior Tracking Platform for SaaS and eCommerce (starts at $299/month)
Kissmetrics is a powerful marketing analytics platform that can help ecommerce businesses take their customer retention strategies to the next level. With Kissmetrics, businesses can see exactly how customers interact with their website and what campaigns are most effective.
But you’re probably wondering: Isn’t analytics reporting free with Google Analytics? While it’s true that Google Analytics can provide you with similar data, Kissmetrics goes the extra mile by tying this data to a specific customer profile. This allows you to see an entire customer journey from beginning to end, and across all devices.
Pros & Cons of Kissmetrics
|Unique profile for each user||Expensive|
|In-depth analytics reporting||Limited integrations|
|Easy installation||Steep learning curve|
Kissmetrics Pricing Plan
- Silver ($299 per month) — Includes up to 10k monthly tracked users, three user seats, and tracking for one domain.
- Gold ($499 per month) — Come with up to 25,000 monthly tracked users, ten user seats and tracking for three domains.
- Platinum (Contact for custom quote) — This package allows for complete customization depending on your specific needs.
8. Tidio Live Chat
Live Chat Customer Service Solution for Online Businesses (starts at $39/month)
In order to focus on the customers you already have and maintain lasting relationships with them, you need a space to chat, and that’s where Tidio can help. Tidio is an all-in-one chat bot designed to engage with your customers, answer their questions and provide 24/7 support.
Live chat software is a great way to connect with your customer base and keep them coming back for more. In fact, studies have shown that live chat can increase customer satisfaction by 42%.
Tidio Live Chat has all the tools you need to create a great customer experience, all in one easy-to-use platform. You can automate customer support with chatbots, track customer satisfaction, and much more.
Pros & Cons of Tidio Live Chat
|All-in-one chatbot||Lacking integration with Slack|
|Easy to use interface||Few account management options|
|Excellent customer service|
Tidio Live Chat Pricing Plan
- Free — Includes two operators with a 100 message monthly chat bot limit.
- Starter ($32.50 per month) — Expands to include three operators and 2,000 monthly chatbot messages, plus the option to purchase extra at $4.17 per message. Includes all integrations, unlimited live chat, and unlimited websites.
- Team ($65.83 per month) — Comes with everything in the Starter plan but expands to include 15,000 chat messages per month and five operators.
- Scale ($332.50 per month) — Scales to unlimited operators, monthly chatbot messages, and includes one on one onboarding and a dedicated chatbot consultant.
What Does Customer Retention Software Do?
Customer retention is a key strategy for businesses of all sizes. By keeping your customers happy and engaged, you can ensure that they stick around for the long haul. There are a variety of methods you can use to achieve customer retention, and many of them overlap.
For example, excellent customer service is a must for retention. If your customers feel valued and appreciated, they’re much more likely to stay with you. Similarly, offering loyalty rewards or discounts can also help keep your customers coming back.
Of course, customer retention doesn’t just happen by itself. You need to put in the work to make it happen. That’s where customer retention software comes in. This type of software helps you automate some of the tasks associated with customer retention, like customer service and loyalty programs. By using customer retention software, you can free up your time to focus on other aspects of your business.
There are a variety of customer retention software platforms out there, each with its own purpose. But all of them contribute to the ultimate goal of customer retention: keeping your customers happy and engaged.
So if you’re looking to improve your customer retention, consider investing in customer retention software. With the right customer retention software you can easily identify areas of opportunity for customer retention, better understand different types of customers, and take action to build long lasting customer loyalty and repeat customers.
CartStack is a great customer recovery solution that can help your business improve their customer retention rates, and recover 15% of your lost revenue. Paired with another solution on this list, like Open Loyalty, you are sure to improve customer retention and maximize growth.
We understand that commitment is hard, so why not try our free 7 day trial first? Comes with no strings attached and you’re guaranteed to see results. A solid win-win situation for any business looking to improve their customer retention rates.
View Articles for:
Tweets by @CartStack